Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked a while ago about swaping parts over from one 9000 to another inc Engine which is a 2.3T,and both H's.
I called my insurance today they said no!,if it was another Engine but the same size that would be fine but not bigger.
And she told me that I would probably find it hard to get one who would take me.The other car had [expletive deleted] body but all the other credentials,mine's the opposite.
Oh well I guess I will just have to start saving!.

Regards

·
Registered
403 Posts
That Seems a bit harsh, Not allowing you to swap engines!
Ive done it before (not on a Saab tho) and allthough the premium went up my ins co. didn't seem to mind.
I would shop around (if you haven't yet) Try some of those performance ins companys.
It's not like the car isn't designed to cope with a larger engine - B****Y short sighted attitude really !

Best luck anyway

Damo

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Jon, you will be able to get the car insured, it's whether you will want to pay the price. If you shop around you might get a good deal. I've recently done this to a MKII Astra, and the quotes went up by about £200.

Neil

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

yea,I know DaMob mentioned trying performance companies to see if they were any better,personaly I think its [expletive deleted],having to go that road.

The thing my mate said tonight was he had did the same kind of thing about 10 years ago and the insurance wanted a Garage's certificate of instalation.I mean he could it himself but he couldn't because of this,so he paid someone to do it.

I dont fancy what you said Kevin about your premium going up to £1200 from £400,thats a hell of a jump.I'm paying £500 just now and thats TPFT but I'm sure its because of where I stay,although I about to move house shortly up the north of Scotland.

I can handle the challenge no problem,but its this insurance thing,I know 9000CS23T you say also about how much are you prepared to pay,that way these b******'s can charge what the hell they like,as Kevin said they dont like "non standard" things.

I will really need to think about this,and phone a couple of companies see what I can get if anything.If nothing,well thats that idea shelved!.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.