Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All
wondered if anyone could steer me in the right direction ( no pun intended ) with an electrical problem to the passenger door of my 9-3 Aero.
No power to electric window, central locking or electric wing mirror.
All other doors working fine (windows and locks)
Any clues would be much appreciated before I go to the garage.

Many thanks
Gareth

· Registered
16,468 Posts
First thing to try is a simple clean of the connector pins in the door hinge. Just taking it apart and remaking it sometimes works. After that you need to see if the current is getting to the door module. This is the computer module that sits under the window switch. It can fail, but again check the connectors to it first. It needs the door trim to come off to do this.

To get the trim off. Prise off the door handle front cover, undo the two bolts, pulr the panel off at the bottom, working your way up. Then lift up out of the window slot. Easier if the window is open, but you can't do that bit without power.

· Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Hi, Did you find a solution to the loss of power. I have exactly the same problem and was wondering if it might be a fuse?.
Check the fuses and also the connector betewen the door frame and the door - it does undo and is l'atched' - you'll see what i mean when you try to undo it.

However,
Often the problem is a connector block that has come apart inside the door - not as bad as it sounds. the connector is a push fit so over time can work loose - a dab of silicone sealant will keep it in place in future.

you need to strip the door card off - takes around 2 mins to do, you need a Torx (cannot remember the size and an extension because the torx screws are buried in the handle. it takes care and a little brute force to remove the handle cover to access the screws (2) then the card simply pops off. the connectors (black and brown) are close to the handle.

Look here -

· Registered
2 Posts
Found this very useful and if anyone else comes back to this thread with the same problem I'll tell you what my problem was, slightly different from the OP and the rest.

I had power loss to the rear driver side door and it wouldn't open. I managed to get the door panel off with the door closed, all the wiring however was fine and clipped in correctly. This lead me to pull out the door control module (the one the wiring plugs into with the window open switch on it) and have a look. Somehow moisture had got in there and there was green oxidised residue on the circuit board. I sprayed it with contact cleaner and cleaned it off with a nail brush. Put it back in and voila, working door.

Hope that helps someone, if your wiring is all good and your unit doesn't need cleaning then a replacement module will sort the problem.

· Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2007 9-3 conv, where all of a sudden one day the passenger door no longer had power. Followed the attached video above to work on my drivers-side door, removed the switch pack, cleaned the contacts, repaired a connection of a PCB trace connecting to the passenger-side window key membrane pad (corrosion had created an open circuit so the switch would not function - hadn't been for months, even though there was still power to the door), and re-assembled everything. This process restored power to the door, and my drivers-side switch pack now controls the passenger side window again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts