Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAAB 9000 CS Auto Lpt, 71,000 on the clock.

Problem…. I was driving down the road and had only driven 2 Mlles from first start of the day, suddenly, and without warning she started to slow down, even though the engine was pulling 2000 rpm, I increased the revs to about 2500 / 3000 rpm but she still slowed, I dropped the gear down to 1st, then 2nd then 3rd, then back into drive. Now we are by the curb and at a stand still, I moved the gear stick to P then down to 1st, still no drive, I opened the bonnet, checked the ATF level, which was fine although very light in colour, NOT RED, but very clean, I turned the engine off.
I got back in and started her up, put her into D and drove away as though nothing had happened.
200 yards down the road we have stopped again, no drive, repeat process, leave car off for 5mins and we have drive again, but only for a few yards.

Has anybody got any ideas what has happened?

email [email protected]

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thanks,
How do I check the line pressure on an auto box as per flow chart? where do I connect the gaguge to the box?
Also where could I get a Data cable and software so as I can connect my car to a laptop?

Thanks Andy (Still )

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is exactly what happened to me in my 9K V6 Griffin. The guy at the auto shop said something about losing hydraulic pressure and that something may additionally be blocking the hydraulic circuit. Sorry for the imprecise description, at that time I was focused on the price that would follow the preamble. Anyway I was up for a rebuild new cluth packs etc.. not cheap around 1500 pounds. In my case I had water damage to the autobox due to a ruptured oil cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts