Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to work today in my 94' Aero, i went to overtake something and nothing. My Turbo Gauage rests at its basic position, unmoving. If i put my foot down i get no turbo 'Pull' at all. However you can hear the dump valve 'tshhhh' every second or so.

Any ideas - am i looking at a split hose.. or something more serious. Any ideas on costs for the repairs????

Ta in advance.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
A split vac hose or one of the main intake hoses come off is a distinct possibility. If the gauge doesn't move to the left even on idle, that suggests one of the small hoses at the rear right of the manifold might have popped off or sprung a leak.

If the gauge does move, it suggests you have vacuum but no boost getting through, in which case I'd check the intake hoses.

[edit] brain not in gear... as long as the gauge does move to the left then yes, a detached wastegate actuator is another possibility

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
If you have TCS, and you can hear the dump valve every second with virtually no boost, then this indicates that a vacuum line has proably come off or split on the electonic valve on the NSF wing here in the top right. It's normally the pipe/hose on the very right end of it with the blue ring:-

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.