Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed this valve (the white one)....'cause the fuel return pipe is connected to this valve with a rather tight compressed fit...special tool? How do you tell if this valve is faulty? It appears to have a ball-bearing in the tip/nozzle which goes in the pump.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
with the application of a knife blade,the end of the valve can be removed,at least those on my two cars can,the only way I have found to remove and replace the complete valve is to cut the plastic pipe and replace by making a bridge with rubber hose and a couple of hose clips,be generous with the length,get plenty of plastic hose into the rubber one,the return valve should have a spring to hold the valve against the pipe to prevent it draining back into the tank,a missing or broken spring will allow the valve to seal the pipe under pressure,resulting in over fueling

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have found no other way to replace this vale then the use of the Saab spiecal tool. Install a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail. start and the car and then turn it off. the car should hold fuel pressure for 20 minutes. This keeps the fuel from vaporizing. If the system dose not hold pressure it is either the check valve or the fuel pressure regulator (or a leak in the system). Remove the vacume hose at the fuel pressure reg. and see if any gas is pressent if so replace it.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I think you need to slightly separate what Glib has said, Mike.

His first sentence says he thinks you need a special tool to replace the valve.

The second and subsequent ones answer the point on how to tell if it is faulty or not.

HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.