Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one no the spec on the pulsar? . ive had a blast with one some time ago in my 2.9 4x4 sierra he got the better. but at the weekend i had one trying to edge me on so i blew hiw away saab power
. so i woz just thinking what spec thay run

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Something around 220bhp with four wheel drive if I remember correctly and quite tunable as well. He probably wasn't trying too hard then!

Nick.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i have actually found a lot of people that usually race around dont bother when they see the saab badge...i should imagine they have come across an aero or 2 in the past

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would have thought that a standard sunny/pulsar gtir would be able to out accelerate an AERO from a standing start, especially in the wet, Im pretty sure the 0-60 was around 5.4 seconds..........which as far as I know is enough to see off a standard AERO

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pulsar gti-r ! I was going to get one long ago but after test driving one I changed my mind they may supposedly do 0-60 in 5.4secs and 148mph but it wasn't half as quick as i expected.
They lose nearly 70bhp to the transmission that gives approx 150bhp to the wheels still quick I suppose. It didn't compare to my 220turbo on acceleration or through the gears damn good grip though. My mate still has one but he's getting rid for an Evo he said they're nothing special either. In gear any Aero would whoop it!!!

Spec gti-r

2.0ltr twincam turbo
4 wheeldrive
220bhp, 197 lbft torque

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.