Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
anyone did it already ? Is it really complicated ?
I mean once the gearbox is removed from the car, how difficult is it to just swap the valve body AND the filter with new ones?
Nothing else just swapping.
Thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not sure about the filter but the valve body is easy. Especially if the whole transmission is already out of the car.
Just a bunch of torx and 10mm bolts.
Filter I believe is deep in the transmission and not a regular service item. But I'm sure it's possible.
On refitting the valve body cover use the correct loctite gasket maker. It's very specific and more expensive than most.
Also advisable to reset the adaptation values with tech 2 (and run the adaptation procedure)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Loctite 5900 heavy flange sealant is the one. Good luck.
You probably already know but aw-1 transmission fluid is specified for this box. Nothing else.
Take care when unclipping the connectors to the solenoids. They will be fragile from the heating and cooling and can snap easily.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Reasonably straight forward home diy, need to take intake pipes out of the way along with some of the cable brackets on the gear box side below battery.
Trickiest bit is getting the valve body cover out through the space, although this might be tougher on the ttid vs tid.
Takes a bit of patience to then get the cover back on without getting the flange sealant all over the place!
Can help with a step by step, pm me if you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.