Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently brought a 91 saab 9000 cd carlsson 2.3 It's got a abbottracing stainless steel exhaust and limited slip diff with monroe air dampened suspension (I think that what you'ed call it)a performance air filter and I'm about to fit poly bushes for gearbox, engine and anti roll bars. 2 questions (well for now at least!) Does anyone no a garage in the worcester area that would fit the gearbox bush as saab want 100 quid to do the job and secondly once it's all done what next?
cheers ad

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Hi,

I have a 1992 2.3CD with a 220bhp APC which will soon get a Carlsson bodykit ... so a pretty similar car really. Is yours a black Carly? I really hanker after a good 2.3 CD Carlsson in black but I've spent too much on my current car ti give it up now.

My suggestions for next step mods would be...

1) Brakes: Performance discs and pads. Goodridge braided hoses front and rear, get the copper lines changed if they are corroded, this made a big difference for me!!

If you have the cash, you could go for a Brembo big brake conversion although you'll need flat fronted 17" rims to accommodate the calipers.

2) Handling: Since you have sports springs/shocks already, in addition to the bushes I'd go for a front strut brace. Also, most people avoid the front anti-roll bar bushes, but the lower drop link ones do help (slightly).

3) Power: This is one I've not really got into, but the easy (mechanical mods) you can go for are; uprated intercooler, bigger turbo (e.g. T28/GT28 or TD04) and delivery pipe. It's also worth replacing the Abbott down pipe with a 3" pipe as that reduces turbo lag and improves the top end.

Some time next year (hopefully) I'll be investigating getting my Fuelling and APC software remapped to give me more top end power (mine already has enough low down torque for my needs).

Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Jason,
Unfortunately my carly isn't black it's red, but as it has every extra under the sun and seems in good nick except for a little respraying work to the bumbers it was an opportunity I couln't miss.
You mentioned renewing the brake pipes, couse this improve the power of the breaks as mine feel a little soft.
cheers
ad

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi,
i to have the same car but mine is in black.
im just looking for an exhaust for it as mine is knacked.
any ideas what kinda power you can get out of these motors as the guy called aero pilot said its difficult to get the power i want ( 330ish) as mines pre trionic???

MrWendel

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for exhaust I've got an abbot one which I've found fantastic and it should give about 15 to 20 bmp increase, add that to the 225 you have as standard and then add upgraded chip (40bmp) performance filter (2bmp) intakes etc and you should be getting close to 280 / 290 with total reliability, although I have no idea the effect this would have on the box, I'd contact abbot and pick their brains Hayden is the guy I dealt with. Personally I've found the power more than enough fun once I'd improved the handling and response with new bushes and with the benefit of a limited slip differential which is the most noticable enjoyment enhancer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.