Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

as the title says i have just had a new system fitted to my 2009 saab 9-3. it was a very expensive system and was fitted professionally,

my issues is when the sounds is completely or at low volume i have a horrible hiss coming through the speakers, and have to turn the volume up to a louder then i would like volume to drowned out the hiss.

does anyone know what would cause this and how to remove it

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
Has it been present since the new unit was installed ? . If so I would go back there and ask them to fix it , you payed good money for the installation , and now you have a hiss , don't sound like money well spent

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only had the hiss from the new installion. it wasnt present on the old factory fitted radio

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Imho I would be taking it back for them to put right at there cost and to avoid any issues with the guarantee

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi guys

as the title says i have just had a new system fitted to my 2009 saab 9-3. it was a very expensive system and was fitted professionally,

my issues is when the sounds is completely or at low volume i have a horrible hiss coming through the speakers, and have to turn the volume up to a louder then i would like volume to drowned out the hiss.

does anyone know what would cause this and how to remove it

Interesting post . . . I was searching for threads about radio noise and this sounds familiar!
I installed a Parrot 9200 in my 9-3 cabriolet (87 plate facelift) and now have a hiss/whine from the radio (Front Left speaker) at low volume. There is also a very quiet whine which sounds like it may be related to engine speed as an additional background noise. Neither are consistantly there (but more often than not). I also get a clicking noise from front left speaker when radio on but ignition turned off at end of a journey. The hiss/whine dont get louder with radio volume so can be eradicated if you like the radio loud!

I get no hiss/whine when playing music via usb/bluetooth/ipod through the Parrot.

I am guessing I am picking up engine (whine) and some other (hiss)?? RF. I have tried moving the Parrot brain box away from the heating fans etc but moving it made no diference at all.

Suggestions on getting rid (of hiss/whine) much appriciated.

And theres more . . . noticed last evening sat in rush hour that stationary in traffic with engine running turning the steering wheel changed the tone of the hiss and whine in fact stopped it for a short while!!

Cheers all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts