Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had some new G-Max springs (35mm drop) fitted on my 92' 2.3 FPT CDS. Fantastic !! The improvement in road holding is really quite impressive. I've still got the 195/65/15's on, so the ride is still resonable. I used to get so much sideways drift if I went into bends/roundabouts too fast but thats almost all gone (at the speeds i've tried so far anyway ). Some of the corners on the way to work I'd be on the edge doing 50 but did at 65 today and it felt like there was plenty to spare as well.
I just had to share that with you all coz I'm going to have a smile on my face all week now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the springs from Elkparts, Haven't replaced the shocks as yet. Seems fine with standard shocks but I probably will replace them when I've got a bit more money to spare. Can anyone recomend some good shocks for the 9000?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had Koni's & Abbott springs fitted, and the improvement in handling cannot be put into words-it has to be driven back to back to really understand the difference.

For some reason, my car has 205/ 65 /15 on it, and the sidewalls look massive although, even lowered, they don't rub on the bodywork. However, the sidewalls are really stiff and I can't feel them moving around. Lower profile tyres will no doubt give even better handling, I'm sure.

I would have changed the tyres a while ago, but until I can source a set of 16 or 17 alloys that look good on the car, they will have to stay on. Incidentally the tyres are branded Marangoni and they are not bad, wet or dry, for a budget tyre. I was told that they are very similar to a Pirelli pattern, and are made in a former Pirelli factory. Anyone else have experience of them in a 16 or 17 inch fit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts