Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with the vice-director of Toyo Tyres Benelux. He succeeded in ordering these for me from Japan, in 205/50/16. They should be here early May.

Just as well, given the lack of grip of the current old P6000s as witnessed by those who rode with me at the Easter meet (sorry for the brown trouser-moment when I was braking for a curve that came on, er, a bit faster than I'd anticipated on. Wasn't actually braking that hard, but the fronts locked up and the rear kind of slid immediately after that. All felt completely natural from the driver's seat - in fact the rear came out just enough to aid turn-in - the rear passengers might have disagreed, though. But I disgress).

From another (Scooby) forum:
Toyo Trampio R1R's are an awesome street/competition combination tyre. I wouldn't recommend for a lot circuit work because of the soft compound and you absolutely destroy the edges but having said that I only went 1 sec slower than the (Bridgestone, R-rated, EvS) 540's at the Collie circuit which I think isn't bad for a reasonably quiet tyre with full tread depth. On quite a few occasions, mainly hillclimbs and round-the-houses sprints, I have opted for the Trampios over the 540's for iffy (possible rain) conditions and found they performed very well in cold and damp-to-wet conditions.I think the 540's are more suited for circuit work where you can get some heat into them.[/b]
Sounds like simultaneous cake retention and consumption to me: all the outright ability that comes with an R-rated tyre combined with a fair degree of all-weather useability.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know - haven't talked money since I'm not in a negotiating position (these are Japanese-spec tyres that are not officially on sale here because they're not E-marked; they're legal in The Netherlands nonetheless ).

A rough guesstimate of mine would indicate something close to 200 euro a piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts