Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Iv'e not tried it, but in my view:
Yes, assuming that the newer narrow lamps are not longer than the older ones.

Plus you will have to make up some brackets to interconnect the headlight fixings with the car body fixings.

And you will have nice gaps above and/or below the narrower headlamps, which will need filling with a suitable plate or it will look naff!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Arrgghhhh! The grief I had with similar...
I needed a headlight for my '91 9000S hatch, I ordered and was sent one from Parts-asap.co.uk but it was for the earlier model. The brackets/fixings, shape of the back of the light and the wash wiper and the beam adjustment motor are all different. It took six weeks and a trip to Bristol to get the right one.

Regards Stephen.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Just to concur with BillJ. I was thinking of the 'newer' new shaped CS hatchback headlamps, which were less tall rather than taller than '89 version (intending to give the front of the CS a 'meaner' look!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The pre-CS CD style headlamps (as fitted to '91 hatchbacks) will fit earlier 'flat front' 9000s if the bumper is swapped too. Bonnets, wings etc. are identical between the two styles.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Nah, didn't. I just fitted headlamp protectors and got the bumpers and spoiler colour matched.
http://www.pbase.com/image/2019413

Making it one of the smartest looking 9000s on the road - even if I say so myself.

I've put the "chrome" grille back on since this picture and a winter project is to do the mesh thing with the black grille. Once I've finished building my new office .... which means the old office becomes the new workshop.

Currently waiting for Elparts to come up with the clear indicator lenses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.