Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

New Purchase

Tags
purchase
2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  adrian 
#1 ·
After griping about the performance of my 9000i for too long I've bought anouther turbo.

First impresions are the car seems good but I do have one problem.

When you turn the ignition on the check engine light doesn't go out, it falshes three times pauses and does the same again. The car runs well but does take a few churns of the starter to get it going (I've put this down to plugs as I've had this problem befor on a DI car).

The car is a '90 9000 SE auto with 100k on the clock and full saab history so should have been fairly well look after.

An advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
The check engine light flashing is giving you a code I believe, there is a list on here somewhere. Can't remember where at the mo. The engine taking a while to start is normal for a 9000 with DI. My 92 turns over for a good few seconds before firing, I believe it's better on the newer cars though.

Neil

#3 ·
Thanks for the post, I've found the codes but they seem to be for the later system.

Could the long cranking required to get the car started be a symptom of an blown head gasket?

I'm probably being paranoid, I always have a few sleepless nights after I've bought a car.

My (ex) mates reckon I've bought a heap of junk but it goes whoosh and makes me grin so I'm off for some turbo therapy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.