Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having picked up a set of 18" wheels that I originally intended to use just for track days with s/h rubber, I found that because they're quite narrow (7") there's not a lot of rubber that will fit- 215/40R18 is just about the max width.

Having done some net trawling, I decided upon the relatively new Yokohama Parada 2- see pic

I've had 4 fitted and will get them on the car prior to Anglesey to see how they perform. Looking at the outer edge, I expect they will give good cornering response and feel.

Whether I can live full time with 18" rims is another matter... I'll report back

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Ohhhhh. Nice looking tyres.

You'll love them
You'll want to use them all the time
You'll want to give your 17" ones away....

Anon

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I had some Yoko 008's on my first Saab, cracking tyre in the dry, but lethal in the wet

I see from the Yokohama home page that Yoko's are now claiming the fastest road car lap record of the 'Ring so you have alot to live up to Mark E!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yes, I have heard those are very good tires. They are extremely popular with the Ricer crowd and have been for a few years.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
They look slightly similar to the yoko A539's on my 9000. admitingly i am running 205/60's and 15" not 215/40 18"

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put them on the car tonight (bad move, far too hot!) and went for a quick spin.

Initial thoughts (comparing them with 17s as well, remember) is that the steering response is razor sharp. Ride quality doesn't seem to have suffered that much either. But I've only driven a few miles. I'll see how they go on my regular 60 mile round trip commute for the rest of the week...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts