Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post this here, but I tried e-mailing contact at Saabscene 3 weeks ago and have still not had a reply.

I tried to register my brother here at his request but on completion of the form it came up with a message saying [email protected] is a banned address (where xxxxx is his user name) and to contact the admin.

Could somebody explain please? Also does anybody check for emails here, or is it just me you are ignoring

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
aol.com email addresses are no longer permitted following the abuse by a previous contributor who kept registering false aliases.

Unfortunately the actions of one spoil it for the majority.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This I cannot believe

I understand that one problem contributor can cause problems, but to effectively ban the worlds largest ISP "en masse" seems a strange thing to do. There must be a way around this, sureley this contributor will have given up by now? If not, sureley an email in advance with details of anybody who wants to join would allow that address to be used.

This policy would mean that today I could not join SSc. I think a review of the policy is in order if the site is to continue to grow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts