Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vauxhall used to do " <font color="green">bi-fuel </font> " in the Vectra, Omega and even Corsa. Think Volvo did them in the S40 too. I had a look through Auto Express tonight and couldn't see one manufacturer that makes cars with LPG. Does anyone still make them?

Bit odd considering the price of fuel. Or are they now just concentrating on the Hybrids????

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know there's meant to be more power with BioPower, but is the economy better or cheaper to buy?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing that strikes me as odd is the fact that the Manufacturers choose run of the mill cars for LPG fitting - eg. 1.8 Vectra or a 1.8 Volvo S40. Look at the conversions individuals are doing, and it's all V8 Range Rovers, big Jags and so on.

Why don't they produce a performance LPG option? 3.2 Vectra with LPG, or Audi S8 with LPG etc etc. Or are they just worried about valve seat recession on more powerful cars

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Another thing that strikes me as odd is the fact that the Manufacturers choose run of the mill cars for LPG fitting - eg. 1.8 Vectra or a 1.8 Volvo S40. Look at the conversions individuals are doing, and it's all V8 Range Rovers, big Jags and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they've wrongly assumed that the major demand for LPG will be amongst the frugal minded consumers who opt for poverty spec models. LPG provides the greatest benefit to people with big engined cars and cover big mileages.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't they produce a performance LPG option? 3.2 Vectra with LPG, or Audi S8 with LPG etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will, they will.

As soon as it is seen that there's a demand - and therefore money to be made - they'll "offer a solution to high fuel prices - without sacrificing performance" And I'd say that the time is now just about right.

Of course, if I was a really calculating sort of guy, I'd be looking to buy my next petrol-monster quite soon because I expect prices of large engined cars will tend to stall and drop while fuel prices are high. And then I'd convert it to LPG.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, if I was a really calculating sort of guy, I'd be looking to buy my next petrol-monster quite soon because I expect prices of large engined cars will tend to stall and drop while fuel prices are high. And then I'd convert it to LPG.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts