Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whe Hey!!!!! Good grief, it really make a HUGH difference to the accelleration and sound of the car ('95 CSE)-it kicks like a mule (well, several mules) when over 2,000 rpm-it was a little sluggish before. Spool up time has dramatically reduced, being barely noticeable. Noise is "purposefully" loud but not at all intrusive. The finish is absolutely superb. As it is all hand built, the fit is perfect, probably better that a factory fit system. I had a 3 inch downpipe, a 2 1/2 inch main pipe with the CAT removed, and a nice looking rear box, all made in stainless steel. The CAT can be put on again in about 10 minutes for the MOT. As H&S make the popular ScoobySport system for Imprezas, so know what works on a turbo'd car. And it is guarenteed for life.

After reeding some of the stories of poor fitting on the JT system, I think that the price I paid was a fair reflection on the work done-especially as I hate working underneath a car without a proper lift.

Ian there said he had never done a 9000 before, but this week he has done two. Who's is the H reg red 9000 (Carlsson?) he had in there today?

If you are the owner, let me know how your system performs.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Sounds interesting...As Nick said how much, I know H&S make a lot of stuff for GT40's, Cobras and Stuff like that so would imagine quite dear??

Nick, looks like yet another saabscene biker with no prizes for guessing which one by that login, we'll be able to have a saabscene bike run next year at this rate...
John/...have u taken the plunge and sorted a training course out yet..???

Graham

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cost was £550 + VAT, which included the fitting. I did consider the Abbott system (bit too expensive) and the JT system. With the JT, once I added VAT and Customs Import Duty to the price, then the cost and hassel of getting it fitted, the H&S system didn't seem such an expensive option. Plus it's all in stainless, and the fit is perfect. I've read Saabers have problems with the JT rear tailpipe sticking out too much, the downpipe hanging too low, and the hanging brackets in the wrong place. Or maybe just one with a bad experience-who can tell? At least if something does go wrong with mine, I can take it in to be repaired under the life time guarentee. Peace of mind counts for someting. I'll be at Goodwood on 22nd if anyone wants to look at it.

And quite correct-I do own GSX-R's (3 now-2 750's and an 1100)-if you know of an 85 or 86 bike up for sale, I'd be interested in adding to my collection.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
John/...have u taken the plunge and sorted a training course out yet..???[/b]
Hi Graham. I've not done this, yet, and I really ought to. I really want to learn to ride a bike and perhaps get something decent next year for a bit of fun
There's no excuse apart from my laziness and the fact I have been quite busy
Work really does get in the way of things.

There do seem to be a lot of Saab owners with bikes, aswell.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Certainly sounds interesting, I'll be there on the 22nd so will definately give it the once ( or twice) over.

A mate has a Gixer 400, which is all he needs being light of weight. On the twisties it certainly has what it takes...

Nick.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am the owner of the H plate 9000 carlsson that you saw at hayward and scott and yes it does kick rather well and it sounds awesome.I will also be at Goodwood on the 22nd so ill see you there.Unfortunately I haven't had much of a chance to drive it yet as shortly after picking it up from haywards the turbo decided to die but two stroke to turbo have fitted a new one today and I have got to pick it up tommorow so we will see how it goes on track on tuesday.I also noticed your car when I dropped my one off and was quite surprised to see a saab up on the ramps,see you at Goodwood,
David Cattell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.