Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just wondered if anyone has fitted an android to their cars? If so which ones do you recommend?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Couple of questions.

Did you get the vauxhall one?

Can you update the software from kitkatt?

Can they be rooted?

Did you sell your old head unit? I've got the sat nav version in mine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not sure what mean by vauxhall one? I have this one http://www.eonon.co.uk/2-Din-Car-GPS/GA2114.html

I do check now and again for software updates but there are non available yet, whether there ever will be I dont know but its not important to me

Rooted? No idea

I kept my old head unit for when I sell the car, its just the standard non sat nav unit

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
If you have the pre facelift dashboard then they won't , c2kev has the facelift dashboard .

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
It's not only that , there are the the wiring as well the pre facelift units ( icm 2, 3) use fibre optics to the amp under the passenger front seat , from the head unit ( or so I believe , no doubt someone will fill me in ) but that runs the front door speakers and centre dash speaker , and gives sound to the Indicators and such like .
The only way you could get another unit and still keep things running is to install it where the CD player sits , and get run wires to a complete new set of speakers I know I've seen people do it . ( but yet again someone may be able to assist more ) .
But that's one of the wonders of the early type 9-3 head units

1 - 15 of 15 Posts