Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quicky....
First to confirm, I get a curry smell when I accelerate hard, especially on hills. I can't remember who suggested this was typical of a clutch failing, but does this sound likely?

secondly, if I'm fitting a new clutch, what else should I consider renewing while the box is out?

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark
Sometimes I think I can feel it slipping (or rather, see the revs rise without a rise in speed), but this is always in first or second and it is hard to tell if this just a limited amount of wheel spin or actually the clutch slipping. The fact that I only get the smell when accelerating hard or on steep hills made me think the clutch suggestion fitted, rather than an odd smelling water leak that I would expect to be worst when the engine is hot in traffic. However, no smell in traffic, plenty of smell when I put my foot down. BTW, it is a 120k aero. Acording to the history it has had a recon'd box at about 70k, but I'm assuming that the clutch is still the original.
Kev

·
Registered
97 Posts
Undo the clutch bleed nipple a tad, and if fluid comes out under pressure, it could be the hose is breaking up on the inside and not letting all the fluid return to the resevoir (it happened to me). I found thios out AFTER replacing my clutch.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.