Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Cannot suggest any better advice other than what is given. I would like to dive off at a tangent if I may on an associated point.

Abbotts fitted my 9000 2.3T (1994) with front performance grooved discs and performance pads a couple of months and over 2000 miles ago. Must have "bedded in" as they say, but have always got a lot of brake dust from them. Problem is they squeal terribly ALL the time. I have used high pressure water hoses, anti squeal paste, and proper brake cleaner aerosols. They just carry on squeaking.
Time and costs say I cannot just pop up to Essex on a 250 mile round trip for them to look at them, so what to do ?? (I feel embarassed in Traffic, shouldn't do in car like that!!).

Thanks, Andy.

p.s. Have taken to a local brake dealer and fitter, and they gave thumbs up to everything being in good working order. They blame pads, as losing dust makes them squealling they say (obviously?). Abbotts pads shouldn't let me down, or should they ??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Surfpunk, any brake cleaner or petrol will do as the others say, it's only an anti corrosion oil that you are removing.

Andy, have you tried removing the pads and roughing them up with a bit of emery cloth. It could just be that they have glazed over a bit and this can cause the squealing.

Neil

·
Registered
657 Posts
Andy
In cases like this you should complain that the supplier/fitter should have made you aware of these drawbacks. I am sure that every one of the ££££££££ that you gave Abbotts was successfully banked by them!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
DoverSaab,
Strange, have got Abbott Racing discs and Mintex pads on my Aero. They were fitted whilst the car was in the hands of a previous owner. I've no squealing at all.
What pads have they fitted to yours?
Nick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.