Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently acquired what is supposed to be a stage 1 modified ACP. I'm getting ready to install a boost gauge on my 87 9k 2L B202 to compare readings between the original unit and the new one. Where is the best place to attach the hose to the manifold or is there another recomended location?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
62 Posts
im not familiar with the older style saabs so i might not be much help. i have mine running off a vacuum hose from the throttle body to the map sensor. any place you could T off the intake manifold sould give you a good reading.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
On the intake manifold there is a spare nipple with a plastic cap on it... take the cap off and use it for the guage.
i have an 87 9000 2.0T so i guess we would have the same engine eh?

have fun with the stage 1 (i am just looking to mod my APC in the future... gotta get a spare one from a wreckers before i do though)
like to know the results with it.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
If you're gonna fit the boost gauge for good.. i.e. fit it to the interior trim and keep it there.. then detach the dashboard top, pull the vacuum line that feeds the car's stock gauge, fit a t-piece on that line and using two further pieces of vacuum tubing, feed the stock gauge and your new gauge.

In other words the easiest vacuum line of all to tap is the one already in the interior feeding the stock gauge.

Regards,

Mark.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excelent advice, gentlemen! I did see that capped nipple and thought about trying it there. I also considered spliting the line to the gauge but wasn't sure if it would affect the readings. I probably will make a permament installation if I can find a place I like well enough to put it, but for now I just want to make sure this "stage 1" apc is for real. I got it pretty cheap. I'm also expecting a manual boost valve on Monday. I'll give them both a try and see which setup I like the best.

Cheers all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts