Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get a new back box made up for my car, to replace the abbott back box and to hook up to the rest of the abbott system

Here is the result......

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/rearcar.jpg

What I can say is that I found the abbott system very quiet, I know some on the group said it was too loud, but for my money I wanted something to sound a little better.

Well, the new back box has made a big difference to the sound, giving it a deeper bassy sound and a lovely crackle on the over run.

For the money it was a superb upgrade !

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I recently spent $30 on my C900T by having a muffler shop weld a straight pipe where the muffler used to be.

Total stealthy appearance, and it sounds soooo awesome. Most people say it reminds them of either a WWII Airplane, or a power-boat.

Very beautiful sound indeed, if you're into that sorta thing. (Which of course I am. )

Dubbya~

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Adrian - I assume you replaced the straight through front box (muffler)? I've done that too - it does sound good but so much better when the rear muffler is changed to an Abbott one.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if you think the abbott back box sounds nice, you should take a listen to the new back box, boy, it does sound really nice and mean, especially with a boot full

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Originally posted by Eric van Spelde:
[qb]Think he means the rear silencer - seeing as his is a US-spec car there's a catalyst where the front muffler sits on our c900's... [/qb][/b]
I think so ... mine only had one muffler, and the other bit is a catalytic converter.

So as of the moment it just runs straight pipe from the catalytic converter to the original tailpipe and MAN does it sound mean.

If anyone has some webspace that allows you to upload videos I'd be happy to send a video that includes some sound.

Though I don't have any vids yet of how it sounds going out the tailpipe. The videos I made were when it was still disconnected before the muffler. Sounds more or less the same now, but it's actually QUIETER inside the car than it was stock with the windows up! But roll down the window and you hear that lovely burble. I'm thoroughly enjoying it for sure.

Dubbya~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts