Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I saw one about 2 hours ago when I was down there... it's a benefit mainly for those alreay running uprated systems. The majority of it's CSA is approx 50% larger than a standard one.

It's effect will be similar to any other intake mod that reduces airflow resistance be it filter, intercooler etc... you'll get quicker spool up, slighlty more top end power and possibly a slight reduction in bottom end torque.

It may sound expensive for a section of aluminium tube, but don't forget you also get a new silicon elbow which is over £100 plus VAT for the OEM one!

There's a waiting list BTW...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Dunno. You'd have to ask Abbott how it differs from the standard one. Using the standard pipe hasn't stopped me and others from achieving over 300hp on an Aero. For £225, I'd like to know what was special about it.

I know the 9-5 does suffer from a restrictive intake pipe and that many tuners, including Abbott, recommend fitting a larger diameter one when going for higher power outputs. I've never heard of a similar problem on the 9000, though.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb] 

It's effect will be similar to any other intake mod that reduces airflow resistance be it filter, intercooler etc... you'll get quicker spool up, slighlty more top end power and possibly  a slight reduction in bottom end torque .

[/qb][/b]
Is this the case? ? I would like to move the torque curve up a little as it would smooth the power delivery for my auto gearbox 2.3 so this sounds interesting.

·
Registered
312 Posts
This would be of interest to me as well. My torque is somewhere around 300ft/lb now and I would also like to move it up a bit. I am also running the automatic.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I e-mailed Giles for some info and got this response:

We have not actually completed this yet, the basic prinicpal is that the pipe is bigger and therefore, reduces back pressure, and lets the turbo pump more air cleaner without the temperature rising.  [/b]
So no figures to check the bang per buck factor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts