Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 30 mins of skint knuckles I've been unable to replace left hand dipped headlight bulb, despite following the oversimplified instructions in the handbook. Any tips before I concede defeat and hand it over to the garage?

I've removed the washer filler pipe but there just isn't enough space to get enough leverage on the bulb holder. I was considering removing the fuse box but don't want to end up with bigger problems...

Thanks v much

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Perhaps not the best way to replace bulb but its done. Remove fuse box lid for a bit of extra space, three click fixings, using a cloth for extra purchase , twist the bulb holder counter clockwise as much as you can and pull. I was attempting to only remove the holder to gain more space but its securely fixed to the bulb. I don't advocate using brute force, but on this occasion it inadvertently worked. To fit new bulb, click bulb into holder, again I used a cloth for extra purchase as I could only get my finger tips on it, insert and rotate clockwise until the lugs click home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perhaps not the best way to replace bulb but its done. Remove fuse box lid for a bit of extra space, three click fixings, using a cloth for extra purchase , twist the bulb holder counter clockwise as much as you can and pull. I was attempting to only remove the holder to gain more space but its securely fixed to the bulb. I don't advocate using brute force, but on this occasion it inadvertently worked. To fit new bulb, click bulb into holder, again I used a cloth for extra purchase as I could only get my finger tips on it, insert and rotate clockwise until the lugs click home.
I'll give that method a try. I gave up on my last attempt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi There. I replaced my headlight bulbs with brighter one's from Halfords, and paid them about £12 to fit them. This seems like money well spent.

Paul

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
I would say H7 bulbs unless you have hid bulbs

osram night breakers offer more brightness ....there are others to that do them but keep to a reputable make

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you are correct. I ask because I don't believe these online tools. For example I bought 501 bulbs to replace my failed sidelight (as recommended by this and some other sites)..... nope! Its a 433c.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blimey, reading this was like having my own experience read and put on a forum. I even tinkered with the three screws in the fuse box but when they stopped coming out and kept turning I decided I was about to create a worse problem. I shall use a cloth and a bit more force.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts