Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a nice 9-5 with 7500 miles, great deal and we are thrilled to get a Saab back in the family. What I need to know is what horsepower increases I can get w/o voiding US waranty, trashing the auto trans, or making the car not good for daily driving. advice is appreciated. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Hiya Mark, welcome to Saabscene

I think you will find that only the upgrades by Hirsch will not affect your warranty, they are also the dearest

Other tuners such as Speedparts / BSR see www.elkparts.co.uk and Maptun see www.maptun.co.uk are available and do make a huge difference to your car but will affect the warranty.

Speedparts do a PPC system where you plug a hand held device into your car and perform the upgrade, you can also return it to standard form when ever you wish, again see www.elkparts.co.uk

All the companies I have listed above do upgrades that are specific your auto transmission and keep the car drivable, in fact most of us have found our upgraded cars to run smoother as well as being more capable, not to mention more fun

Hope that helps Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts