Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry to bore you with this fairly mundane subject, but I need a pair of mats for my 98 9000 - it came without them, and the carpet is wearing which is not cool.

I haven't contacted Saab for the cost of a set, as I expect it to be outrageous - but maybe I'm wrong. Elkparts haven't got any, but I've seen these loads of times on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2482973516&rd=1

Does anyone know anything about these and whether they are worth getting?

Thanks very much in advance for any insights.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by SurfGreen:
[qb]I haven't contacted Saab for the cost of a set, as I expect it to be outrageous - but maybe I'm wrong.
[/qb][/b]
£65 from Saab, from memory. Probably worth asking Elkparts what they'd charge.

I bought some pattern ones for about £36. Not that impressed, I think I'll go for the "real" ones next time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have bought mats from Halfords and been very pleased with them. I don't remember the brand but they were a semi fitted type - you cut along some lines on the mats to tailor to the 9000. The front ones have quite a smart carpet like finish while the back are all rubber.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input folks. Never realised there'd be such a choice in mats! Have sent a note off to Elkparts now, but the eBay ones look pretty good, as do the Eurocarparts ones.

Hmmm, which ones to go for? Tricky

Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
On the subject of mats: I tried to order some 9000 mates for my newly purchased 1997 2.3lpt from Saab yesterday, (I need Sand coloured), they took the order (£65) and then called back, saying they are discontinued: and no further supplies in the UK expected. The dealer called other dealerships, who have the same problem. Even the Saab Owners club have no more (though I need to check this).

So there could be a shortage (and an opportunity for somoene). I tried the eBay guy, asking if he did Sand coloured but got no reply. I really want some new mats, and didn't know it would be this hard!

Benjamin

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've had Autostyle mats Franks, the quality was superb and they fitted my 9k perfectly. They are pricey though, with heelpads and a 9000 logo sewn into them they were more than Saab main dealer prices. Aston and Jaguar used to source their mats from Autostyle, that speaks volumes how good they are/were.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.