Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Firstly saying 2.2TiD and performance in the same post may be a bit unusual but here goes...

I am pleasantly surprised by the performance of my new MY04 95 2.2TiD Auto Estate. in "sport" mode the acceleration is far better than I expected and even going up Welsh mountains last week with 2 adults, children and a roof box full of holiday gear I was able to overtake at 40-70 MPH quite safely. My "old" 1.8 (122BHP) petrol Volvo V40 really struggled with the same load on the same roads last year.

Does anyone have any views on what difference, if any, a JR air filter (R95138) might make ? The Elkparts web site says that the R95138 is for all 95 4 cylinder pertol and diesel engines so should be OK in a 2.2 TiD.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I ran a JR filter in my 9-3 TiD for some time... they seem to make little difference to the performance of a TiD.

Also I suffered badly from the air mass meter getting covered in recirculated oil... which led to an airmass meter fault and it having to be replaced when I ran the JR filter.. this never happened.. or has happened since moving back to a standard paper filter.

My car was actually able to suck the filter into the airbox chamber (the filter is not too secure in the box) which obviously defeats the purpose of having a filter in the first place.

Our TiD engines (with the VVT turbos) actually boost pretty high as stock.. I've measured mine.. it spikes at 1.4bar.. then boosts to the red line at 1.0bar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts