Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, yet again I am posting yet another question for all you saab nuts out there to try and help me solve. So far what has gone wrong with the car has now been fixed and is working, thanks to all of you who has help so far.The problem now is my dashboard lights have stopped working. The hazard lights on the dash are working fine, but night illumination is not working. Also the lights to the switches( heating controls,lights are there blubs behind these switches?)are not working. I have replaced the blubs but this has not solved any thing, the fuse is fine, so where do I look next??

·
Registered
343 Posts
I find that if you twiddle the resistor knob from left to right several times it is enough to clean the windings surface and the lights come back on....try it in the dark and if the light come on for a fraction of a second , keep doing it and they will start working again...the resistor just doesnt get used enough to keep the uncovered windings clean...they are always a lot worse in a smokers car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.