Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bolt holding the cambelt jockey wheel (the one between the v) decided to come undone this afternoon whilst going up the motorway. Horrible noise and that was it!

It's now going to be a matter of deciding whether the guys where I got the engine from or the garage who fitted it are going to have to foot the bill.

As you can imagine - I'm absolutely gutted!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Ian, that is really bad news I had been following your posts since it was interesting to hear about what you were doing
Hope that you get it all resolved without too much hassle

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One things for certain, It's got to be another 3.0L going back in.

...wonder if I could sue them for mental cruelty? Just enough for a 9.5 Aero!!! ...

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
That shouldn't happen to a car only weeks (or days) after an engine transplant. IMHO they should supply and fit a replacement lump at free of charge, I'd push for that and certainly settle for nothing less than free labour and 50% off the cost of parts.

Best of luck Ian!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I'm concerned I shouldn't have to pay a penny. If the engine supplier has screwed up then they should stand the whole bill, likewise if it's the garage's fault.

Let battle commence !!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sorry to hear about that - it sounded like such a great transplant. I'm sure it still will be, once you get it sorted.

Cheers

James

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ian

Did the garage change the cambelt before they fitted the engine? I would have expected them to do so as it's not an easy job with the engine in.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes that was done by them. I pointed this out but they insisted that they didn't touch the jockey wheel but rather just threaded the belt round it.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Ian Wigg:
[qb]Yes that was done by them. I pointed this out but they insisted that they didn't touch the jockey wheel but rather just threaded the belt round it. [/qb][/b]
So, they're admitting that they didn't check to ensure that it was correctly secured?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts