Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i did it!.bought my first aero today and its luvly.every thing works ok,but for two(i think)little things i need advice on.first,its a 1995 on an "M"plate and has both air bags,but the "srs"warning light stays on!!.where do i start with that fault?.the other thing was that it has a td04 turbo on it(did i read the right code on the ID plate?.the last owner had some work done on it,but the garage lost the clamp that locks the exhaust half to the inlet half and have used a non original clamp instead.because of this there is a leak between the two halves which causes lack of power.you can smell the exhaust gases and there is soot on the joint.the clamp looks ok,but is it?.should there be some kind of gasket between the two halves or are they a joint like the d pipe to turbo?.how do i make an air tight seal?.please help
simon

·
Registered
430 Posts
The only bit I can help with is that the SRS light is a dealer re-set job - there's no DIY option.

I managed to activate mine by pulling the ECU fuse with the engine running I got it reset quickly when I found out that if the light is activated you have no airbags

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bourne Motors only charged me a fiver for a Tech2 plug in to program a key fob and have a look for any TCS fault codes - so as you're in Eastbourne, I'd get along there.

Tehy might be able to help with the Turbo, if not, David Greenwood and Saabflight (Hellingly) usually has odd bits and pieces like that to hand.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep bourne motors here i come me thinks!.as for the clamp problem alls ok .the last owner had just had the exhaust manifold studs replaced and i found today that the garage hadnt done up one of the four bolts that hold the turbo to the manifold(it had nearly come off!).all bolts in that area now nice and tight and now alls well .to say its made a difference would be an under statement to say the least!!
.its now the muts..... .pics soon happypig et al.
cheers
simon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.