Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 SAAB 9-5 AERO (HOT) Saloon

Been after an AERO for a while and have said all the along that I will go anywere in Britain for the right car. Saying that, it was a shock when i found this one in Aberdeen and I live in kent lol :crazy:

Well actualy, it was on the Orkney Isles and I met the owner in Aberdeen

But travel I did and arrived back yesterday morning

And yes i did have a play with the "S" button on the way back

I've been a BMW man for the last 8 years, and never thought I would move from them, but glad I did ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Excellent choice there smoggy arent you glad you went for the auto.Car looks beautiful with really nice colour scheme.Out of interest how many miles has it covered.

I too was a BMW man but I love the individuality of Saab and in particular the 9-5 Aero.If Im honest my Saab is not built like a BMW but its less than half the price and looks and drives beautifully.Plus and this sounds so vain it gets admiring looks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its got 114000 on the clock mate.

I do know what you mean tho with regards to BMW. BM's seem to be very comon on the roads now with them reducing the price of the 3 seires to compete with the likes of Ford and Vauxhaull ect......

I have had a few nice looks and on the way home, stopped at the services on the M11, came out and seen a few people looking at it. I relay love the colour and the auto box is brilliant ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its got 114000 on the clock mate.I do know what you mean tho with regards to BMW. BM's seem to be very comon on the roads now with them reducing the price of the 3 seires to compete with the likes of Ford and Vauxhaull ect......I have had a few nice looks and on the way home, stopped at the services on the M11, came out and seen a few people looking at it. I relay love the colour and the auto box is brilliant ! :thumbsup:[/b]
114k = just run in LOLDont get me wrong the BMW product is still superb but people do seem to think you have made an informed choice with Saab.The seats are majorly comfy though dont you think.Although they dont look overly sporty they seem to hold you in place when your pressing on
Great colour scheme - same as my old one :) Hope it gives you many miles of happiness, and well done for travelling so far to get it![/b]
Yeah you must have really wanted it.Nuff respect.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Very nice looking car, only downside is that you are going to be paying £410 VED next year and £430 in two years time :mad: because it is an auto. Console yourself that the 9-5 Lpt auto has a higher CO2 figures and is in the same boat! :eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Very nice looking car, only downside is that you are going to be paying £410 VED next year and £430 in two years time :mad: because it is an auto. Console yourself that the 9-5 Lpt auto has a higher CO2 figures and is in the same boat! :eek:[/b]
I dont think thats right John I thought the new rules only applied to cars made between 2001 and 2006.

Unfortunately I will be screwed as mine`s a MY02.If I had seen it coming I would have gone for an earlier one also which just makes a complete mockery of it all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I dont think thats right John I thought the new rules only applied to cars made between 2001 and 2006.

Unfortunately I will be screwed as mine`s a MY02.If I had seen it coming I would have gone for an earlier one also which just makes a complete mockery of it all.[/b]
Sorry my mistake, missed the 1999 bit, it looks so nice I just assumed it was a later car :confused: Makes it a real bargain then :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah lads I'm glad its an earlier one lol

I yeah I realy realy wanted it, as soon as I seen the pics, then the owner took aload more and emailed them to me.

I think the expression is "Love at 1st sight" lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
1999 SAAB 9-5 AERO (HOT) Saloon

Been after an AERO for a while and have said all the along that I will go anywere in Britain for the right car. Saying that, it was a shock when i found this one in Aberdeen and I live in kent lol :crazy:

Well actualy, it was on the Orkney Isles and I met the owner in Aberdeen

But travel I did and arrived back yesterday morning

And yes i did have a play with the "S" button on the way back

I've been a BMW man for the last 8 years, and never thought I would move from them, but glad I did ! :thumbsup:[/b]
lovley car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.