Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I wish all these go faster bit's existed when I got my C900 Carly back in early 1992.

Mine was a non-catted leather interior one in Black.

Went very nicely for a early 90's car but I had to let it go when in 1995 I saw a Black CS Aero (the SCAero ), the Carly had had a close call with a drunk driver while it was parked one night and I wasn't going to keep it for long after that.

I only saw that car once more 6 months later and the reg is no longer 'known' by the DVLA so maybe it got killed.

In the 2 and a bit years these cars were available (halfway through 1990 to halfway through 1992), there were only 195 made.

Andrew

·
Registered
73 Posts
The blue bmw L963 MUA belongs to my parents, funnily enough many years ago they had a 99combi coupe which I eventually bought off my dad when he got a company car, it was my first car restored it a bit and never looked back!
then moved on though a 90, c900i, and a gm900T, now finally got a c900 again
my parents however have never bought another saab, dunno why, although my mum did used to love driving my 900i whilst i lived at home

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by tuckshopted:
[qb]oh, forgot to say welcome to Saabscene 'rocket' most people are generally friendly on here    :thumbsup:  [/qb][/b]
Is that a sideways dig at me? All I'm doing is expressing my opinion, can I not do that here?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Tuckshop/Saab93.

Thatlooking nice now, and also having a red carly, I know how hard it is to keep red

I see someone has added carly badges to the bonnet and rear air vent covers for extra speed.

The read panhard rod is a doddle to change as I bent one on my old 900i and it only took 15 minurs to change.

Andrew

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by Rocket:
[qb]FE51, you remind me of those folks who buy a classic car for one summers use, decide its twenty something years of battle scaring on the UK roads warrants a complete rebuild, then said car spends the next 7 years in bits, yet when the restoration that's just cost you 3 times the cars value is finished, you only dare take it out on sunny Sundays, in fear of getting it dirty, becaus in that 7 years you've become an old [expletive deleted].

We are talking about a 14 year old 900 Carlsson here. Not a collectors car but a drivers car, and for a couple of grand or so, one well worth driving the wheels off. To hell with pristine. [/qb][/b]
Been running "modern classics" i.e. 900 turbos, every day for the last 9 years.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wonder how many c900 carly's are actually left, don't think I've ever seen a white one, only a few red and less black - probably look best looking in black.
Ours doesn't have leather (at the moment) but does have aircon (which may work again soon too)
hopefully it will live for a long time
Always nice to see good examples of T16s about, such a great burble too

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
we were not to sure were the badges should be as they seem all over the place any advise would be nice as they are blue tacked on

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by tuckshopted:
[qb]I wonder how many c900 carly's are actually left, don't think I've ever seen a white one, only a few red and less black - probably look best looking in black.
Ours doesn't have leather (at the moment) but does have aircon (which may work again soon too)
hopefully it will live for a long time      
Always nice to see good examples of T16s about, such a great burble too      [/qb][/b]
Seen two white 900 Carlsson's and they look far better in the flesh than brochure pictures. "Classic 900" in Hull run one

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by saab93s:
[qb]we were not to sure were the badges should be as they seem all over the place  any advise would be nice as they are blue tacked on [/qb][/b]
One Carlsson badge, rear rhs of the boot, sell the rest on ebay! Does it still have the one on the glovebox?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by saab93s:
[qb]if you ever get chance to take a pic do post love to see a white 1 [/qb][/b]
Will do my best for you. The one at "Classic 900" might be for sale if you asked, highish miles (180,000), 5/6 owners but very well looked after + Abbott exhaust. Was up for £2000'ish

21 - 40 of 56 Posts