Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to happen some time, I suppose.

The Aero's been taking a few more turns than previously before catching, and new plugs and greasing the DI boots made no difference, other than making me feel better.

Then, after a weekend of moving in-and-out of the drive without going anywhere (garden clear-out, then new fencing, skips etc), I got in the car this morning to a flat battery.

The CSE is in the body shop having her accident damage sorted, and the jump leads are in the boot, so green flag came out, but no joy, even when cranking over at a nice rate.

So I'm in the Corsa SXi 1.2 courtesy car (revvy, but horrid steering and hard to see out of from up by the head-lining, as the seat doesn't go back very far for the 6ft+) and AandA have got a new DI for me to collect on the way home, and I think I'll pick up a battery while I'm at it.

137,101 miles it lasted - so it should probably go down as a 'good' one!

Carl

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cause of the flat battery is just age, neglect and lazyness (the first the battery, the others, mine) - it's been finding the Aero harder and harder work for months now, and didn't respond to a charge-up a couple of months ago.

I'm hoping for a reduction overall...

Carl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.