Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Always makes me wonder if someone has ever purchased an item off an eBay seller when they do that and they dont realise :crazy:

£120 is a good price! Is the TTiD intercooler up front or is it one of those side jobs? Id be intrested to know how you get on with your cooler, £120 is a price worth paying if you get colder chargered air! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
the factory cooler, is in between the air conditioning radiator and the coolant radiator. it is the same size as the normal radiator but quite thin.
been driving the car for a week or so now, feels good with the new cooler, but i need my map adjusted as the car is over boosting and cutting off just over 3,000 rpm, but down low pull is strong and consistant.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
few more snaps of the intercooler and what you can see when looking into the engine bay, quite subtle and neat (i wanted as close to factory as i could get)

drivers side connecting to turbo

passenger side going down to the cooler

next on the list is wheels and a real head scratching session, cannot decide on what to go for

also order some mesh grilles for the front, which will do for now until i modify my own to look like hirsch replica ones

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Looks really nice that buddy! Did you get a local garage to plumb it up for you?

I know what you mean about the wheels im still confused on what to go for. :D
done it all myself, isnt too hard to do the initial thought can be off putting, but once the cooler is mounted its fairly straight forward :)

looking at some different sets but would need the lottery numbers to come up and have them all lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
well after striking a bit of luck on ebay one day, i came across a set of standard grilles which had been modified and some mesh fitted to them. auction was for 2 weeks, but i messaged the seller (who was a total gentleman) to see if he would end the auction early, with no hesitation he done that and we agreed on a price. so they landed last week but was busy with work and only got them fitted today. they totally change the front of the car, although i may look for a smallish saab badge for the middle of the grille to break it up a bit :) comments welcome

before

after

ohhhhh honeycombe mesh

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
yes the middle grille is painted grey, i had thought on removing it, and colour coding it to the car maybe? or swap over the old surround which is silver?

ordered some spoilers this morning so hopefully be here in a few weeks and get them fitted :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I get 235bhp and 488nm from a Twin Channel Tuning Box through TDI Tuning on my 57plated ttdi

how much did that cost you? if you dont mind me asking. i would be happy with those figures as i currently dont know what bhp or torque figures i have.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
well its been far too long since i updated this, but with work and some other goings on i never had time to wash the car never mind do any work to it. but took a few days off last week and done a bit of general maintainence and tidying up (had got rough in my opinion).

What happened:
front bumper painted
grille inserts and lower grille gloss black
rear diffuser gloss black
brakes painted
new wheels fitted
standard intercooler fitted
full service
and a decent clean up again

photos

exhaust tips cleaned

brakes painted

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
some general shots

after doing all this and hoping to enjoy it a bit more, as i was driving home i lost all power, suspected turbo failure (small one) car wont rev, when trying to rev it, it coughs and splutters and putting out some white smoke. jut what i needed! but i shall fix it, change the map on it and hopefully keep it another few years.

comments welcome, and any insight into the problem would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Hi, looks real nice.

White smoke on a diesel - could be h/g but probably not. Unburnt fuel? worth running a quality injector cleaner through it???

suggest starting a new thread in 9-5 technical section :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey welcome back, car looks awesome.

Few questions

1. why have you re-fitted the standard intercooler?

2. what is that front splitter?

3. do your rear wheels rub? I've just fitted 20mm spacers on standard aero suspension and mine do sometimes

4. why oh why haven't you fitted a new diffuser yet?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Hey welcome back, car looks awesome.

Few questions

1. why have you re-fitted the standard intercooler?

2. what is that front splitter?

3. do your rear wheels rub? I've just fitted 20mm spacers on standard aero suspension and mine do sometimes

4. why oh why haven't you fitted a new diffuser yet?
1. i think the after market one was causing boost issues. car would seem to overboost, cut boost then go again.

2. front splitter is leon cupra one cut to just the corners

3. no issues with the rear wheels and they are 9" wide, going to get some 10mm spacers once i get it driving again

4. i am undecided on which diffuser to go for

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
Very nice neilv150 what suspension are you running that on ?seems lowered
And where did those wheels come from .
Looking really nice , you take pride .
As for your issue c2kev I'm running 20mm on mine never rubbs , what size rims are you running without the spacers ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Im running 20mm spacers with standard 18s, my rear suspension does seem low though so may need to check springs havent snapped or dampers shot

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Very nice neilv150 what suspension are you running that on ?seems lowered
And where did those wheels come from .
Looking really nice , you take pride .
As for your issue c2kev I'm running 20mm on mine never rubbs , what size rims are you running without the spacers ?
invested in a set of BC Racing coilovers last year, best mod yet, car is unbelievably comfortable, pillow ball top mounts are great!
wheels came from a local supplier, they are a BBS. yeah i always like to have a clean tidy car, but for a while there it got no loving. it may result in more neglect after the power loss on saturday :(

61 - 80 of 85 Posts