Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after some searching, i found what i was looking for, 2008 Aero TTID in Titan Grey :). so far havent done much driving as it is down in power and then goes into limp mode. but assuming its a dpf fault it will be getting removed and gutted out :thumbsup:.

plans are fairly simple, lower on decent coilovers, fit wheels, couple of spoilers, and get the paintwork cleaned up.

only one photo at the moment will take more once i get it a wash and tidy up.

comments appreciated, and any tips as well be useful :)

·
SaabScene.com Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Welcome! Check your DTC's before going to the hassle of removing the DPF, it might just be the EGR.

Oh, and when you've fixed it - remap and unleash the beast :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Kez & virtualm, yeah diagnostic showed up p242f code which on autodata shows 'Diesel particle filter - blockage/ash accumlulation.

so have the dpf removed and also the precat ready to remove their guts today, had the egr out and cleaned and the pipe from egr to inlet was blocked so cleared all that and blanked it off :)

a map is on the list of things to do along with a larger intercooler and a hybrid when i have the funds

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
you only want to be hybridising the larger turbo, plus youll maybe have issues with companies that even know what these turbos are as they are so rare i have never actually heard of any company that has actually hybridised a rs2000 set up

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Nathan for the info, will be doing plenty of research before I do any turbo work :)

Got the power situation sorted removed the Dpf and seen it half blocked so emptied it and the precat. Lovely car to drive now, with constant power. Can't wait to get it mapped :)

·
SaabScene.com Premium Member
1,136 Posts
EGR delete, then remap - you should get 240bhp maybe more as you've had the dpf gutted. Then some decent tyres as the torque steer is a PITA.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah have the egr blanked here now living with the eml until i have funds to get a map, what sort of torque figures should i expect when done? lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my local remapping company can only provide me with a 220bhp map, they could do a custom map ad try for 230, which disappointed me a bit after reading on here what power they can achieve

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
having a look around, seems to be no one else over here does that sort of work,

but on the upside, done away with the backboxes last week and got some 4" slash cut tips on, trying to keep the oem look, i am happy with the out come :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took a video last night, excuse the smoke, really need to get a map to stop this trying to regenerate nearly all the time now lol
p.s hope the link works now lol

1 - 20 of 85 Posts