Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after alot of chopping and changing cars, i finally decided to keep one (more due to the fact i was fed up car hoping).

bought these at the start of December, its January 2008,

Rough Spec :
Vector Sport
1.9 TID 150 BHP
Half Leather,
usual electrical extras
81,000 Miles

Mods so far:

Hid Kit installed,
Fk AK Coilover from Lowerks (pleasure to deal with)
Alot of parking dents took out of each side
Mudflaps fitted

Plans:
Some set of 19" wheels DONE
Tints DONE
Remap and some exhaust work
Tidy up bodywork (few scuffs and scrapes)
Roof and boot spoiler DONE
Twin Pipes (not decided yet)
And generally make it as clean as the vectra

well after alot of thinking and planning, i bit the bullet and decided on the x5 rims for this, at the start i wasnt sure about them but the more i look the more i like it lol, height and camber needs sorted yet so dont take it into consideration too much just yet

got them powder coated by Campsie Coatings, fantastic job couldnt rate them high enough, faultless work,

ordered and received custom adapters from Stanced UK, again top class to deal with and adapters are such a high quality, would recommend them to anyone

only got 2 pics of them at the min but will get more later this week once i get the calipers tidied up and stuff.

comments welcome,

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
looks nice:thumbsup: remap would be good is it the 120 or 150 you have some one will give you idea of power gains etc

oh like the colour same as mine lol

or is the clue in your name 150 lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers kez, yeah its a 150, imagination for my user name wasnt just the best lol, was hoping to get a front mount on it, decat at the turbo, panel filter, and a few others bits and aim for 210-215bhp, wonder is it possible?

well few pics from port, after spending some time getting the height, camber and tracking sorted quite happy with how it sits now, also a few pics from when Andy_a gave it a quick valet as well :)

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
I like it other than IMHO it is just to low to be at all practical (and by that living on todays roads) or handle well which is far more important to me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
few fresher pics, fitted hids into the foglights the other day, then spent a bit of time cleaning for UCS

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thread revival !

sort of fell out touch with this forum for a while, nothing personal had been very busy with work and hobbies. but my car went through some different stages this year, had risen it up for mot at the end of last year, head stagger saw me sell the wheels and coilovers and enjoy the comfort and reliability of it.

but then easter came, and we have a massive gathering down at a place we refer to as 'Port', so ended up with another set of fk coilovers and some new rims, also being weird decided to paint each brake caliper a different colour (skittles taste the rainbow). added a splitter to the front and done the grilles black for a change.

let the pics do the talking:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

c
omments welcome, and yes i like taking photos of my car before anyone says anything lol.

A sad day came on Saturday, i sold the car, after 2 years of owning and driving, i loved every minute of the car, comfortable, easy to run, cheap to maintain, and no major problems. So in the market now for a TTID Aero, but seemingly hard to find one that has everything i want.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys :),

@ Nathan, cheers for the heads up, struggling to find a a ttid which has all the bits i want :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts