Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Hello m8, nice to see you back!

Concerning your ELM327, most likely, it isn't compatible with the app because the version of the ELM isn't supported, especially if its a few years old. I had the same problem when I tried to use the app. If you download the app in the following link, it should tell you what version your current ELM327 is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.applagapp.elm327identifier&hl=en_GB
Hello mate, it's been a while, hope you are well.

Still getting issues with this Saab, I solve one and another pops up. It's parked up more than its driven. I even debated if you break it and sell off the multitude of new parts fitted.

I'll do the app for the elm over the next few days but I have three hectic work days. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of the current issue.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Make sure your phone is correctly paired with the OBD2 dongle you are using.
Then make sure you have the app pointed at the correct bluetooth device (top right/settings/bluetooth device)
Just checked with a couple of dongles both v1.4 and they work fine on a 57 and 09 plate.
However I did get the "connection error" if the bluetooth wasnt setup correctly.

There is also the possiblity the earlier Bosch C9 ECU's arent compatible which is worrying from mid 2006 they changed to C39...just a thought
Cheers for the info. I'll have a play with the elm but if I don't have any joy I'll look for a better dongle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Just checked the elm and it's version 1.5. I can connect aps like carfix but dpf info gives an error code 4 asking me to re-pair the device. I have done this numerous times but still can't get it to pair. Shame, it would have been nice to see the state of the dpf.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Sad day yesterday as I sold my Saab. It was hardly used, it was no longer practical due to having an 8 stone rottweiler and in all honesty, it's been a bit of a money pit to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Hello pandp and a farewell, I can see the reasoning behind it .
Yep cars are money pits , I brought mine £2100 and I've spent I reckon twice that ,
Good luck with your new motor venture .

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hello pandp and a farewell, I can see the reasoning behind it .
Yep cars are money pits , I brought mine £2100 and I've spent I reckon twice that ,
Good luck with your new motor venture .
Thank you very much and thanks to everyone that has helped in the past.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts