Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this languishing in the back of a local car dealers and snapped it up for a bargain.

This is a genuine first of the production run, often referred to as an STI RA (V1). It’s a 1994 car built to order between Nov 1994 & Aug 1995 (only 50 were built each month)VIN GC847D confirms this. Its finished in Feather White (230) and is in truly excellent original overall condition for a 20 year old car.

Rather than list all the features, May i suggest you have a look at the link provided as this will give all the information. http://www.type-ra.com/subaru-impreza-my95-wrx-type-ra-sti-version-1/

The ‘RA’ stands for RACE ALTERED (some might argue ‘Rally Altered’), its lightweight and geared for acceleration and built to handle well, with 290+ BHP/1050kgs it is brisk to say the least and is one of the first Subaru’s to be fitted with the DCCD system allowing the power ratio to be adjusted by the driver between the front and rear wheels. its 0-60 is around 4.4 seconds

On top of this impressive standard factory spec this particular car came with A/C. It is also fitted with methanol injection & a Toyosports 3” turbo back exhaust system which gives a deep rumble to the flat-four boxer engine and the suspension has been upgraded to a Potenza (Jap Eibach) setup, turbo timer and has recently been professionally re-waxoyled to protect the underside for the elements , otherwise the car is as it left the factory 20 years ago. The interior is like new, no rips or marks. The car has just recently come from the bodyshop and has had a few small rust patches sorted including the rear arches which where not bad, but have been properly and professionally repaired to the highest standards, as i said we planned on keeping the car so all work was done properly by trusted professionals.

Will be sticking it up for sale shortly but thought i would show it off in the mean time

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really, no haters?

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replacement arrived... banana.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Front bumper just needs a little tweak on the panel gap since being refitted after paint.

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The impreza was stupidly quick, really good fun but dislodged fillings and required an osteopath to remove you from it after 50 or so miles. The Porsche is just something i bought cheap to sell on, it's a 2.7 which is not made in 'S' form. here's a 3.2 S i had last year, TBH there's hardly anything in it performance wise. The Yellow is a 'Marmite' colour but surprisingly popular!

shall keep it for around 6 weeks or so then flog it in the better weather

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts