Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 9-3 1.9TDI cabriolet
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2008 9-3 1.9 Vector.

I'm having a few issues,
1. nothing works on the steering wheel including the horn. Indicators & wipers are ok.
2 after inserting the key I have 2 messages, 1st is Stability control failure 2nd is Air bag malfunction.
I'm not sure if these are related? But any help would be appreciated.
This is my 1st Saab & hope its not my last LOL

Thanks Chris.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You probably need a replacement clock spring cable for the steering wheel stuff - that will also take care of the airbag stuff and probably provides the power to the steering angle sensor that is needed for stability control - I take it you didn’t buy it like that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You probably need a replacement clock spring cable for the steering wheel stuff - that will also take care of the airbag stuff and probably provides the power to the steering angle sensor that is needed for stability control - I take it you didn’t buy it like that?
Hi I'm afraid I did, the guy I bought it off told me the clocks needed replacing as the display was faulty.
After I took it apart I found they had put black electrical tape over it, the engine management & airbag lights.
It drives great & has a few other minor issues. But its 13 years old.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too have a 2008 and it probably has nothing to do with your issue(s), but I have just (about 2 years ago) had the steering wheel air bag replaced under warranty through a local (NZ) GM Dealer. Free ! As a Service Recall. Apparently the Takata airbags had an issue. Not bad after 10 + years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too have a 2008 and it probably has nothing to do with your issue(s), but I have just (about 2 years ago) had the steering wheel air bag replaced under warranty through a local (NZ) GM Dealer. Free ! As a Service Recall. Apparently the Takata airbags had an issue. Not bad after 10 + years.
I've just looked mine up & there's no recall on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2008 9-3 1.9 Vector.

I'm having a few issues,
1. nothing works on the steering wheel including the horn. Indicators & wipers are ok.
2 after inserting the key I have 2 messages, 1st is Stability control failure 2nd is Air bag malfunction.
I'm not sure if these are related? But any help would be appreciated.
This is my 1st Saab & hope its not my last LOL

Thanks Chris.
Additionally you can't reset the srs airbag light in another way to use tech 2 or Bosch electronic checker in any way you need to disconnect battery cables a while before any intervention to your airbag or driving wheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The airbag was replaced cause it can project to the face of driver some sharp metal pieces

1 - 7 of 7 Posts