Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAF today.

Bloody PITA removing the plugs, recessed DEEP inside the engine and the socket has a rubber insert (to hold the plug) that kept coming off on the plugs when installing them, took 30 mins to do the first one due to this bloody rubber thing coming off and sitting on the plug just out of reach for me to get a hold of with anything!

Once the technique mastered it was easy, individual coil packs sit on top of each plug have to be removed but straight forward enough.

Cleaned my first ever MAF! again, an easy job, remove batt, remove two screws and connector and out it comes. Used carb cleaner and let it dry before reinstalling.

Changed air filter too!

car now runs sweet as a nut, steady idle and pulls like a train again.

will remove and clean the MAF on my 9-3 this weekend - may do a 'How To' too! assuming i don't feck it up that is ;)

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
suggest electrical contact cleaner rather than carb cleaner less harsh especially if hot film type

makes you wonder what bright spark thought of putting the plugs so far down....must have being a previous Reno designer lol;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh! Its really easy to service and clean MR2. As you stated just remove the batt then two screws and connector. The use of carb cleaner is I think right option rather than using any other cleaner. Your post is much encouraging everyone who want to service and clean their cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts