Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our MY 2000 roadster passed again, used everyday and just clocked up 90k. Had it 3 years and so far it has had two new front struts, and a lambda sensor apart from general servicing items.

Never missed a beat (touch wood) 38/40mpg (average) and goes/handles very well. Was going to change it for an Audi TT, will think about a newer MR2 instead, better the devil you know :)

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
TT's are a bit Marmite imo ..... I'd preffer a A/S4 Cabrio if my mind was wandering in that direction :)

Great news a pass tho' :) ........ Any advisories or general groans ?

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
the older TT's hairdressers car IMO.. the new one tho wow ! total sex on wheels ! TFSI FTW :thumbsup: looking all cool n shiz :cool::fawlty: haha

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nope, no advisories! as far as a TT goes, we only need a 2 seater as a second car, it get used to commute between Northampton and MK on mostly b roads so 4 wd would be an advantage, TT's are relatively cheap. However not my kind of car really, too soft in evey way, OK good engine and very tunable but otherwise a bit of a tarts window box. It is Jenny's choice and fortunately the MR2 still ticks all of the boxes for what she wants. I think we will change it for a newer one next year (this coming winter).

Ours has uprated KYB struts and a chassis brace, sits on Toyo Proxies T-1R's (best combo for this car) and the car doesn't noticeably flex - even without the hard top on. whilst only 140bhp it weighs 900kgs so a good, healthy power to weight ratio and hence why it is good on fuel. If you hav't driven a mid engined car then do, the complete lack of oversteer and weight over the front wheels makes for some incredible handling - unless it sones that is then a 25kg bag of sand in the front boot is a must!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts