Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAAB 9000 CSE 2.3T 1994. Just had a Trionic, maybe coincidence, but Average MPG Display has started going silly. It has alway shown a figure e.g. 26.2, 26.8 etc.., and has refreshed itself every 100 miles or so, which suits me fine. Beside this of course is the MPG Sliding scale, no problems with that.
What the MPG figure is doing now is constantly giving amended figure, i.e every second or two, but not making sense, or keeping in touch with reality figures. My handbook says to reset by pushing an holding the "R" button on SCC computers, and it will give the "3 dashes". This it does, but instead of ultimately setting an average MPG when appropriate, it instead waits a few seconds, and then starts on the nonsense again as already described. OK, I can switch to temperature or voltage display instead, but it is niggling, especially as I have had trionic, and am having more upgrade work done, it is nicve to know average MPG improvements or otherwise !! Any ideas please ?
Thankyou, Andy

·
Registered
354 Posts
Can't really help but suspect all was not well with the computer before the upgrade because the handbook sayy the average consumption is set to reresh about every 5000 miles!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.