Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have read here earlier, I have installed a MP Performance intercooler on my 1999 9-3. The hp numbers went from 209 whp and 250 lb-ft torque to 228 whp and 260 lb-ft.

Well, I finally got it over to the drag strip to get some straight line performance numbers. With the Viggen intercooler my best run in the 1/4 mile was 14.49 secs @ 98 mph, with a typical run of about 14.7 @ 97 mph. With the MP intercooler installed I was running an average of about 14.3 @ 100 with a best time of 14.20 @ 102.25 mph! I am very pleased with the performance increase the MP intercooler has given.

I recently ordered a modded T25 turbo from Jak Stoll and am very much looking forword to it. I think a high 13 second 1/4 mile will be achievable with it. I can't wait!

·
Registered
374 Posts
WOW those numbers are GREAT!

i just put the MP IC on my T7 9-3 and i can feel a gain.. but i have no solid #s to give... and its most likely dif. because of the T7..

but i too love mine..
and great to hear you like yurs!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thought I would add to this.

Just installed the abbott intercooler to my 95 aero today. very impressed with increase in performance 4,000 rpm upwards.

Driving today 21 degrees but like a driving on winters day

getting the abbott big intake pipe installed next week. Will this add any noticeable difference?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is it a big job to replace the intercooler with the abbott one?

I take it the front bumper has to come off completely?

cheers

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Maarten (900 Hirsch):
[qb]The bigger intercooler seems to do a good job.    :thumbsup:  

What's the Jak Stoll T25 turbo? Is it much different from a T25/28? [/qb][/b]
See this link. http://www.jakstollperformance.com/pp.html
Yes, it is basically a T25/28. It has a larger compressor wheel that is from a GT28RS. It will also have a 10 degree clip on the stock turbine wheel. When I talked to Jak, he said his car maintains much more boost at higher rpms than with the stock T25. I think it will be a healthy horsepower upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts