Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... on a 9000 Anniversary. Will I notice much difference?

I've currently got the 15" Anniversary wheels.

I've tried 17" wheels. The verdict from SWMBO was that the ride was too harsh - I tend to agree, although the cornering was much better.

Would I see much difference with 16" wheels to either the handling or the ride?

Or should I be looking for better (handling) tyres on the current wheels? (Current tyres are Dunlop sp01)

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
16" is a good compromise IMO.

I've had 15, 16, 17 and 18" on my two 9ks.

Go for the 16's and get high performance tryes and you won't be disappointed. To help keep the handling sharp, make sure your suspension bushes at the front aren't worn. If you don't want to make things hard, then simply replace them with rubber.

You can get away with upgrading front and rear ARB bushes to poly without too much hardness; to make the turn in really sharp fit a rear upgrade/piggy back ARB.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Bubbles:
[qb]To help keep the handling sharp, make sure your suspension bushes at the front aren't worn. If you don't want to make things hard, then simply replace them with rubber.

You can get away with upgrading front and rear ARB bushes to poly without too much hardness; to make the turn in really sharp fit a rear upgrade/piggy back ARB. [/qb][/b]
Thanks.

That's good, because I've got newish rubber rear front wishbone bushes, poly rear ARB buses (and a strut brace) and last week fitted an Abbott piggy back ARB

I don't have poly front ARB bushes - do they make much difference?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I believe that a lot of the difference that people notice when changing from rubber to poly bushes is due to the fact that the rubber ones were somewhat worn.

However, poly do still give better control than rubber. The ARBs don't give as much NVH as say the drop link bushes and as they are relatively cheap and DIY-able, why not give them a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts