Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to move the Air Con cooler forwards to allow a thicker intercooler to be used?
The current gap accomodates up to 2" thinkness. If I can get 3" in then the available selection of aftermarket I/Cs that will fit is massively increased.
The biggest issue is probably extending the air con pipes (if I need to) but I havent had a chance to have a good look around yet.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
If you're really after that much extra cooling, I would suggest junking the A/C altogether. It forms a significant barrier to cooling for both the intercooler and radiator.

However, having had the assembly aaprt a couple of times, I think there may be enough slack in the pipes etc to move it foward perhaps half an inch.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasnt actually after any more cooling than the uprated Saab ones offer but given I can get a 3" well sized unit for around £200 vs. the £600+ for the uprated official units, I was inspired to investigate..
Thanks for the info - so there is at least some ability to move the AC cooler which is what I was hoping.
As for removal of the AC completely, I would really struggle in the summer tbh and my wife drives the car most of the time and predict she would cerntainly notice if it was gone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts