Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carly passed it's mot today.

3 main comments from the tester:

1. The exhaust is dead, band aid will only work for so long...But you only fail for holed silencers?...
2. the metal brake pipe across the rear axle has surface rust, so watch it. Passed as not pitted.

and 3. Even though the car has been de-catted, the emission level's are amazing... and this at 166,909m and 12 years.

Andrew
Pleased as punch.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The exhaust isn't leaking currently, too much exhaust putty for that, but it will be again when the boost rises and a few Norfolk yumps have been made.

I spent quite a but of time bunging all the holes over the last week, must have added about 2lb in weight to the car.

I don't have the emmisions sheet (wasn't given it), but HC's were single figure.

The tester could barely believe the figures, I believe it was a cat test pass without. I could go back and ask him.

Andrew

·
Registered
117 Posts
THANKS FOR THE REPLY

No!!!!

Just interested to see if the figures were close to pass or fail.

Suggest you stay away from testing station incase he was reading figures upside down and wants to recheck the reading!!!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Nice one, Andrew - good to hear you've got one car on the road

Useful to find out about the cat and emissions, too, given the current interest on SSc in cat removal.

Cheers

James

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well as the carly's done me good, I've decioded to give it a little bit of a treat for it's next service (1.5 weeks away).

I notice that Halfords are doing special offers on it's Part synthetic oils at the moment.

The carly will be moving up from blue (basic 15w-40) to purple (part synth 15w-40) £12 for 5litres (yes I know it should be 10w-40, but I usually put something a little thicker when cold in).

Maybe it will get fully synth than time after.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts