Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious. The MOT guy had problems getting emissions to pass. Not CO (0.00) or HC (5) but lamda. Initially it sat at about 1.04/5 and dropped to 1.03 (limits are 0.97-1.03) when he sealed a very slight blow in the exhaust.

The thing that puzzles me is that this thing has a closed loop lamda system so I would have thought it should be fine.
Does this point to a fault? I wondering if I should look at my lamda probe. Alternatively, is it possible a temp sensor has gone and it is giving cold enrichment? Any comments on how to check these?
The car was fully up to temperature (fan had cut in a number of times, gauge at about 3/4).

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
This is not a fault. It is quite common, I tested a car today with the same fault, and the first time I came across this, I spent about two hours changing all sorts of sensors on a car with no effect. It only takes a very slight leak at a joint or a pinhole to throw the readings out. It doesn't affect the engine as it is after the Lambda.

Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.