Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M62 last week...big rock comes off truck in front. chips my windscreen.
About 6cm above instrument binacle, around 2cm in diameter, and almost a perfect circle...bad chip!
This is NOT any where near my line of vision.(far too low) Will I fail MOT? I haver to do it over next week. If it will fail, how much for new window, and from where?

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Check your insurance. They should do crack repair for free. Well they did mine and hers.

They do it because, if left, they will have to pay for a new windscreen. I have had some large cracks repaired up to 3 cm long. They disappear after repair. Can't say the same about chips though, all they do is fill with a clear resin.

Final point. is it likely to damage the wiper blade? If so you'll get a 'chip wide' smear across the screen every time it rains.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Paul, if you got the number of the truck you should claim against the company, they have a duty of care i.e should have it covered with a tarpaulin etc, so this cannot happen, why should you pay for someone elses negligence

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well done Andrew! almost spot on.. why the unsurity..... Trust your knowledge .. you have the force ( you own a saab )

correct about 4cm in wiper sweep and 1cm in steering wheel width.

Outside wiper sweep, any size you like!
( tip : if it is near the wiper sweep, fit smaller wipers ! ) or a smaller steering wheel ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.