Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having removed a load of poly bushes to get a more comfy ride, I have now wound up the shocks.

Result - a massive improvement in handling and tighter feel to car, with a much smaller harshness gain than the extra poly bushes. It is all to tempting to run around with a low setting on these shocks to offset the 9000's poor ride (in my opinion!), but the shocks are not properly damping the springs as a result.

For reference, I still have poly antiroll bar bushes, front wishbones & one engine mount.

Car is running great and I am a happy man.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure it does not. Mine is really smooth, now compared to before. I'll have to take you out to see what you think. Your's still handles a fair bit better on bigger wheels, mind.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Sounds like pie/pint opportunity in Glynde - but it was supposed to be my turn to drive, Jez.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite happy to accept it is your turn, John! I am away for most of next week, but we should hook up soon is order that I may enjoy a quantity of Harvey's with said pie! I have yet to cadge a ride in a 9-3, so I will look forward to it.

Currently running on +1 on front (was 1/2 as per Abbott) and half on the rear. I might change the rears to one too.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quite happy to accept it is your turn, John! I am away for most of next week, but we should hook up soon is order that I may enjoy a quantity of Harvey's with said pie! I have yet to cadge a ride in a 9-3, so I will look forward to it.

Currently running on +1 on front (was 1/2 as per Abbott) and half on the rear. I might change the rears to one too.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Wow, you want your pie and pint sooo much, Jez, that you posted twice

If CDCarlsson can get an evening pass sometime I'll let you drive the 9-3 over there and I'll drive you back

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by JezF:
[qb]Currently running on +1 on front (was 1/2 as per Abbott) and half on the rear. I might change the rears to one too.      [/qb][/b]
I found 1 turn all round gave a good, comfortable ride (more comfortable than with 1/2 turn) and a well-damped, "sporty" feel to the car. Handling was well-controlled.

So then I whacked them up to 2 turns for the Abbott track day and now just ignore the harsh ride (I have another 9000 for long journeys).

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ooh, that sounds lovely, Nick.

John, had problems with the site earlier today when depositing my message. Would love to try your 9-3, though I hope I don't prefer it!

Bill, I found the car too uncomfortable on motorways with higher damping. Now that I have cut down the poly, I have a similar, if not identical suspension setup to you. I wonder how much difference changing the rears to +1 too would make to handling?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts