Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 9000 CSE 2.3 I have a rattling noice coming from the from of the engine compartment.

At first I thought it was the CAT but with the help of Peter Lockley of Higher Oak Garage in Wrexham, it was determined that it was that both the timing chain and the balancer shaft chain were shot.

Now I know little about the internals of these things and all this may be double Dutch (please advise) as I am at the mercy of the experts.

Having been stuffed by main dealer costs and service (see earlier posting about lost alarm key) I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the service I received.

Although they did not have time (I needed the car) they replaced the main timing chain and stuff for almost half what I had been quoted, and as a result, I have booked in the car for a full day to have the other stuff done.

Apparently it involved gaining access by removing the inner wing or something ?!?

Anyway, just goes to show that there are people out there, with the knowledge, who are prepared to run a Saab related business without ripping us poor punters off.

Regards

Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts